Need help with Cisco VLAN bridging....

Ryan O'Connell ryan at complicity.co.uk
Sat Feb 10 00:34:07 UTC 2001

On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 02:22:42PM -0800, Craig Holland wrote:
> Has anyone had experience bridging multiple VLANs accross a clear-channel
> DS3?  I have 2 3640's populated with 1 FE and 1 HSSI.  They are connected by
> a DS3.  I've tried a couple of different configs, including turning one
> router into a frame swich and building a PVC for each VLAN, but the bridging
> didn't seem to work. I've tried running SDE directly between the HSSI
> ports...and that didn't seem to work. I'm up a against a deadline here, and
> would greatly appreciate any help you can offer.  I've also tried a couple
> of IRB configs.

You could try ATM LANE, although I'm not an expert on ATM so I can't offer
any configs. (ATM has the advantage of being implementable on a 3640 without
a CSU/DSU on T3/DS3)

--
Ryan O'Connell - <ryan at complicity.co.uk> - http://www.complicity.co.uk

I'm not losing my mind, no I'm not changing my lines,
I'm just learning new things with the passage of time