PhoenixDSL/Telocity/Megapath

Jason Lewis jlewis at jasonlewis.net
Tue Feb 6 02:07:13 UTC 2001

Sounds fishy to me.....

Is the line somehow tied to his MAC?

jas

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nanog at merit.edu [mailto:owner-nanog at merit.edu]On Behalf Of
Robert L. Harris
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2001 8:54 PM
To: nanog at merit.edu
Subject: PhoenixDSL/Telocity/Megapath

Just got some news that in a neat twist of sales between PheonixDSL,
Telocity and Megapath, anyone originally on Pheonix's line will be without
support.  A friend of mine in the mean time tried to hook up a new firewall
and can't get past his gateway, but can ping the gateway.  The windows
box originally installed works fine though.  Someone at Level 1 customer
support says "yeah something's wrong" and he won't be able to do anything
until he gets a new Telocity DSL router for his DSL.  This of course
will take 3 weeks to ship.

This sound normal? Does the person on the other end of the phone have a
clue? (i.e. Anyone at Telocity/Megapath know the truth of what's going
on with them? ) I have some customers using them for small businesses.

No, cablemodems and other dsl systems aren't available where he is right
now.

Robert

:wq!
                                \_       that important!