Vixie doing his part to make people upgrade (was:Re: Reasons why BIND isn't being upgraded)

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Mon Feb 5 12:02:15 UTC 2001

On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:

> .. no good deed goes unpunished on nanog .. heh
>
> a tad sad and petty tho that a few people have moaned about abovenet doing
> this and no one has thanked them for looking out for them

I'm not saying that Above.net is doing a bad thing when they're scanning
their customers for vulnerable named version, I'm saying they're doing
something wrong when filtering ORBS.

> imho a great deal of customers are not on the right cert lists and not up
> to speed enough to realise they have a problem

Amen, dito with the open relay/spam problem.

No need to continue this thread, I think everybody knows where everybody
stands on the ORBS issue.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se