Vixie doing his part to make people upgrade (was:Re: Reasons why BIND isn't being upgraded)

Stephen J. Wilcox steve at opaltelecom.co.uk
Mon Feb 5 09:42:10 UTC 2001

On Sat, 3 Feb 2001, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

> On Sat, 3 Feb 2001 mdevney at teamsphere.com wrote:
>
> > Needless to say, I am not happy with this.  I can't imagine anyone would
> > be happy with their provider scanning their network.
>
> Especially considering above.net:s adament stand on ORBS and their
> scanning.
>
> Massive irony?

.. no good deed goes unpunished on nanog .. heh

a tad sad and petty tho that a few people have moaned about abovenet doing
this and no one has thanked them for looking out for them

imho a great deal of customers are not on the right cert lists and not up
to speed enough to realise they have a problem

Steve