Preferential notice of new versions

Joe Rhett jrhett at isite.net
Sun Feb 4 23:03:49 UTC 2001

> The odd thing is, I think Paul said past and future security notifications
> have been and will be distributed via CERT (to non-bind-members).  I could
> be wrong, but I don't think I've ever gotten initial notification of a
> BIND security problem from CERT.  Heck...even this most recent one was
> first publicized via nanog several days before the CERT notification.

Paul has repeatedly stated that nothing will change about how notifications
are done, thus you can probably expect to see a notification here in
advance of CERT. Note that I'm not speaking for Paul, ISC, etc.

--
Joe Rhett                                         Chief Technology Officer
JRhett at ISite.Net                                      ISite Services, Inc.

PGP keys and contact information:          http://www.noc.isite.net/Staff/