More MSFT woes.

jamie rishaw jamie at arpa.com
Fri Feb 2 17:17:43 UTC 2001

You'd be suprised.

  When my company sends out newsletters, etc, the bounces alone
are pretty taxing on the mail server.

  Yesterday alone I was seeing delays of 1, 2 hours -- last week a
huge mailing delayed the mail gateways up to 4 hours.

  It also depends on what your relays are doing, too.  If they're
spamchecking and virus scanning, the backlog can get big, fast, when
your mail server is suddenly hit with 4, 5, 6 times its normal volume.
Most people dont plan for influxes like that because, well, they generally
don't happen unless something is really wrong.

--
i am jamie at arpa dot com .. and this is my .sig.

core1.dns.microsoft.com# sho access-list 101
Extended IP access list 101
    deny udp any any eq domain (874572345872345 matches)