Reasons why BIND isn't being upgraded

mdevney at teamsphere.com mdevney at teamsphere.com
Fri Feb 2 04:41:28 UTC 2001

On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Carter, Gregory wrote:

> versions of software they are running so easily.  Make them work for it.

The above is my answer as well.  Let's face it, you're going to get
hacked (cracked for the clueless pedantic).  That's a reality: There is
someone on the planet better than you
and he will one day take a liking to your machine.  The best we can do is
make him work his ass off for it.

Incidintally that gets rid of the script kiddies too.  When a machine
under my control is hacked (as I know one day it will be), I want it to be
by a world-class genius hacker.  A script kiddie flooding Undernet off my
box would be embarrassing.

-Matthew Devney
Teamsphere Interactive