Automated DLR conflict detection

Marc Pierrat marc at sunchar.com
Thu Dec 27 19:11:42 UTC 2001

It's a great question.  For an operator to offer such a contract, I would imagine these assumptions must hold true:

1) The operator has a profit motivation: to sell what you and others will buy
2) that you and others are willing to pay a premium for a service that includes consequential damages in the SLA over a service that does not
3) that consequential damages can be defined to mutual satisfaction
4) the operator has the ability to quantify what the premium should be (the statistics of reliability and service delivery economics)
5) Starting reliability plus the overhead burden of managing such an SLA is such that the calculated premium is both marketable and profitable

I might have missed a few, but it's a start - Is this how you see the problem?

Marc