AT&T Broadband

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at civicnet.org
Fri Dec 21 11:39:03 UTC 2001

On Fri, 21 Dec 2001, Peter Galbavy wrote:

> This is probably because the people you talk to are employed by an 'out
> sourced' call centre company who has at some point in the past sat down with
> their client and built a call flow chart with all the things that these
> people should say, ask and do.

good point - though, of course, one would expect better from AT&T

I remember the legal process for transferring ownership of the system
ffrom MediaOne to AT&T - AT&T swore up and down how they were going to
bring so much more technical, operational, managerial, and financial
expertise and strength to the system than MediaOne ever could - what a
hoot

I guess I'm still spoiled from all those years I spent at BBN - building
and supporting large networks for various government agencies and
corporations - folks who actually cared about building serious network
support organizations.

Sigh..

Miles

The Center for Civic Networking 	    PO Box 600618
Miles R. Fidelman, President &		    Newtonville, MA 02460-0006
Director, Municipal Telecommunications
Strategies Program			    617-558-3698 fax: 617-630-8946
mfidelman at civicnet.org	 		    http://civic.net/ccn.html

Information Infrastructure: Public Spaces for the 21st Century
Let's Start With: Internet Wall-Plugs Everywhere
Say It Often, Say It Loud: "I Want My Internet!"