OT: Lost job? Need help? NANOG Recruiting BOF!

Timothy Brown timothy.brown at pobox.com
Mon Dec 17 04:21:27 UTC 2001

Hey, folks.

It's pretty much a fact of life that layoffs are evident.  They've happened
to a lot of us already, as I know from talking to many people on this list
and elsewhere.  The market's terrible, and I know that there are a lot of
people surfing through job sites not really finding anything.  Those of you
that are in this boat like I am, it might make more sense to network
with each other - as a result, i'd like to start a recruiting BOF for
people in the NANOG circle.

I'd like to suggest as a starting point that interested parties looking for
a job send mail to me privately with a brief overview of your qualifications
and a link to a place for your resume.  I'll create a webpage and mailing
list with this information before the holidays, and i'll send a summary to
nanog containing the relevant information for both employers and candidates.

Please also include what type of job/ideal function you'd like to be in,
and your key area of expertise.

If you're an employer needing to be connected with candidates, or you know of
any recruiting firms or friends in that business who are having trouble finding
qualified network engineering, operations, or design staff with the flood
of people in the marketplace, please also send me mail so I can add that
information to the list.

Thanks!

Tim