AS 701 local-pref answer.

Mike Leber mleber at he.net
Mon Dec 17 02:46:53 UTC 2001

Thank you for pointing that out.  I was being dense and reading way too
much into the statements:

smentzer at mentzer.org wrote:
> All the responses I have gotten indicate that UUnet does indeed set
> local-pref on both customers and peers to 100 (or leave default in this
> case).  Thanks for all the responses...

Especially when the 701 communities were already provided by German
Martinez.  *DOH*

In other words, 701 transit customers that actually want to ensure their
downstream customer routes are announced by 701 had better set the
appropriate community so that local pref gets set above 100.  By default
this is not done.

Pardon me while I get some much needed rest.

Mike.