Hi

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Wed Dec 12 16:41:29 UTC 2001

On Tue, 11 Dec 2001 20:22:52 PST, Marc MERLIN said:

> As far as I'm concerned, every day  that people continue to use outlook when
> it is known to have *sploit/infect me* written all over it, is a sad day.
>
> What I love the most is "Well, I know it catches and spreads virii and sends
> my confidential office documents to just  about anyone behind my back, but I
> really like it"

My personal favorite is the "Out of Clue autoresponder" that tells me all the
following:

1) The person just announced to all and sundry on a worldwide mailing list
that they will be skiing until Dec 22, so burglars are welcome until then.

2) And their X-Mailer tag tells all the miscreants who are not into burglary
exactly which methods of delivering an e-mail based trojan will work, in
case you wish to e-mail them an attachment that opens the victim's financial
software and transfers all the money in the checking account, and then install
a keystroke recorder to snag credit card numbers.

Yes, these are usability features.  Just not for the owner of the software ;)
--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Operating Systems Analyst