Network Operations Luminaries?

Petr Swedock petr at ai.mit.edu
Fri Dec 7 17:18:01 UTC 2001

 :
 : business management is in more need of luminaries as the business failure
 : rate is orders of magnitude higher than the internet packet drop rate.

But that's sooo not what we're talking about here... Two points:

	Business failure rates are not a function of the number
	of "luminaries" (I'm not even sure I like that word...)
	but of how well those sages are received and heeded. How
	many businesses fail because they didn't read Drucker?

	The failure rate, based on poor operational management,
	of networking and network based companies, is unknown
	but certainly many orders of magnitude higher than the
	internet packet drop rate...

Peace,

Petr

--
Systems, Networks and Gadgets, done with Artful Intelligence