Network Operations Luminaries?

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Fri Dec 7 05:01:27 UTC 2001

On Thu, 06 Dec 2001 20:40:36 MST, Pete Kruckenberg <pete at kruckenberg.com>  said:
> What would be the network operations equivalents to revered
> business tomes like "The Practice of Management", "Seven
> Habits of Highly Successful People", "The G.E. Way" (and a
> variety of others that populate the shelves of your friendly
> local executive)?

We still don't know enough about how to actually run a network
to have luminaries.  The occasional bright candle, maybe.  Right
now, most of the suits are still trying to figure out why the
non-suits think the suits "Just Dont Get It" (the PHB syndrome).

Unfortunately, the Adams brothers (Scott and Douglas) seem to
have quite a bit of relevance (or more importantly - a large
percentage of the people working in *your* trenches *think* they
have relevance).

And both authors share the trait that they tend to be much more
an entertaining read than anything labeled a 'tome' ;)

/Valdis

P.S. Yes, I know about the incorrect genealogical term 2 paragraphs
back. ;)