Extended Communities

Susan Hares skh at nexthop.com
Wed Dec 5 23:36:17 UTC 2001

nanog-ites:

I need some input from the Operator community on
the use of Extended communities in BGP.  I would like to
know how many people:

	- originate a technology that uses extended communities,
	- pass through BGP packets with Extended communities, and
	- block packets with Extended communities.

I would like to leave the discussion of the operator use of the
extended communities on the NANOG list as I think it may be useful
to keep in the archive.

If you don't want to comment publically, please also send me a note
privately (skh at nexthop.com).  If you want to chat at me,
my phone's list.

Also, people are welcome to comment on the specification to
me (skh at nexthop.com).   I will summarize comments on the Extended
Community specification to the list.

Thanks for the input,

Sue Hares