Secure BIND Template v3.1 released

Mike Batchelor mikebat at tmcs.net
Tue Dec 4 19:01:14 UTC 2001

An attacker can easily convince a client with access to the trusted view to
perform queries on its behalf, in countless ways.  He can send the trusted
client a trojan to install Backorifice.  Or he can simply send him an email
and convince the trusted client to reply.  Or send him a link. Or put his
link in a website the client is likely to visit.

So I am not quite sure what the trusted view protects against.  Anyone can
still get a malicious recursive query to the internal view if they really
want to.

--On Friday, November 30, 2001 11:18 AM -0600 Rob Thomas <robt at cymru.com>
wrote:

> Hi, all.
>
> Hopefully this is reasonably on topic.  :)  I have made version 3.1 of
> the Secure BIND Template available here:
>
>    http://www.cymru.com/~robt/Docs/Articles/secure-bind-template.html
>
> It has been reviewed by minds greater than mine.  The mistakes are all
> my own.  :)  Comments and feedback are always welcome!  Be the first in
> your netblock to join the CREDITS section.  :)
>
> Thanks,
> Rob.
> --
> Rob Thomas
> http://www.cymru.com/~robt
> ASSERT(coffee != empty);

---
"The avalanche has already begun. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
 -- Kosh