multi-homing fixes

Tony Hain alh-ietf at tndh.net
Fri Aug 31 21:38:31 UTC 2001

Sean M. Doran wrote:

> Let me take some of your text out of context and agree with it fully:
>
> [A permanently stable holes-in-CIDR-blocks environment exists]
> | Only if there is a limit on the number of ISPs. I don't think there
> | is such a [practical rather than absolute] limit
>
> The problem with metro-based addressing is that the statement
> above is equally true for it as for PA addressing.

Understanding the truth in that general statement,
I would like to know if anyone sees a significant
difference in the number of holes created by each
approach. Handwaving can go either way, so the
question is given real topologies and multi-homing
goals, is there enough difference in the number
of holes created to bias the approach?

Tony