What is the limit? (was RE: multi-homing fixes)

Larry Sheldon lsheldon at creighton.edu
Thu Aug 30 10:09:27 UTC 2001

> > I have proposed to various router vendors the possibility of giving
> > them a chilled water feed instead of lots of cool air.  At the
> > moment they seem to not need it, but I would not be surprized to
> > find something like this needed at some point.
>
> Err. Water and electricvity make a dangerous mix.

That sounds a bit FUDish--lots of electricity is generated using water
(most of it is, actually, given that steam is part of the cycle even in
most nukes).

And we have used water-cooled CPU's for a lot of years.

(And as a point of interest, distilled water at neutral ph is a
reasonably good insulator, if I recall correctly.)