What is the limit? (was RE: multi-homing fixes)

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu Aug 30 02:24:53 UTC 2001

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001 19:30:45 EDT, Leo Bicknell <bicknell at ufp.org>  said:

> If you're building a multi-bay router (a la a number of new designs)
> why not use a bay for the general purpose functions?  Specifically
> something like a sun E10000, or HP v-class (to illustrate top of

Note that the magic of an E10K isn't the processors (which are pretty
similar to the E6500), it's the partitioning and backplane magic.

An E10K backplane is pretty deep voodoo.  I'm told that it's not
a Sun design, nor is it a Sun manufactured.  They're pretty pricey
too - I'm guessing that you DID have a price point for this router with
less than 7 digits in it?

/Valdis