multi-homing fixed

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Wed Aug 29 05:15:56 UTC 2001

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001 00:05:58 EDT, jlewis at lewis.org said:
> Redundancy is only one reason to multihome.  More paths (hopefully at
> least one per destination that doesn't suck) is another big one, and

We had some truly sucking paths to some destinations yesterday (15000ms
over our OC-3) until our chief NOC monkey said enough was enough and
nuked the BGP session with the other end.

Happen to have any pointers to "this path sucks no matter what BGP says"
tools?  Especially for the case of the *real* problem being 2 or 3 AS's
down the chain?

Or does everybody's noc monkeys wait for the "foobar.com sucks" phone calls?

				Valdis Kletnieks
				Operating Systems Analyst
				Virginia Tech