multi-homing fixed

Scott Stursa stursa at acns.fsu.edu
Tue Aug 28 17:59:48 UTC 2001

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001, Grant A. Kirkwood wrote:

> Once upon a time, while talking with a customer about a particular LA
> datacenter's fault tolerant features (you know, generators, UPS, HVAC,
> diverse fiber entrances, etc...), they very calmly asked me what
> procedures we had in place in the event that a major earthquake struck
> the southland and dropped LA into the ocean or otherwise put the city
> underwater. I told them very bluntly that if an earthquake of that
> magnitude were to hit LA, I would *not* be overly concerned with their
> servers/circuit/etc., assuming I was still breathing. They were quite
> taken aback. ;)

Evidently they took the term "fault tolerant" literally.

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

- SLS

Scott L. Stursa                                             850/644-2591
Network Security Officer                             stursa at acns.fsu.edu
Academic Computing and Network Services         Florida State University

 "That's why you go to FSU - to watch the Seminoles and get drunk"

     - FSU student interviewed by WCTV, broadcast of 2001.8.27