Policy Routing

Travis Pugh tdp at discombobulated.net
Sun Aug 26 05:54:46 UTC 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: <jlewis at lewis.org>
Subject: Re: Policy Routing

> I've had the same sort of thing proposed.  If the customer knows in
> advance that you're going to send all their traffic through your cheapest
> peer/transit path available, what's the problem?  They get what they pay
> for...and for this sort of service, they'd obviously be paying noticably
> less than best path routed customers.

full disclosure, no problem.  I've never personally seen a sales rep go in
and disclose something like this, and the original message was worded in
such a way ("[my] upper management has proposed that I route company X's
Internet traffic via a specific NSP ..") that did not indicate the customer
had any idea what was being proposed.

-travis