Policy Routing

John Fraizer nanog at Overkill.EnterZone.Net
Sun Aug 26 04:56:54 UTC 2001

Replying to my own post with a bit more. (Forgive me!)

Rereading your post, one would believe that since "Company X" is a BGP
customer of yours, you're going to be sending them a full view.  Unless
there is a knob that I'm not familiar with, that means that you're going
to be sending them the _BEST_ routes that you see in your core and not
just those from "NSP A" to which you are proposing to policy-route all of
"Customer X's" traffic.  If this is indeed the case, I would think that
policy-routing the customers traffic destined for "prefix Y" via a
path other than the path listed in the NLRI you're sending "Customer X" on
their BGP feed is outright fraud.

Again, this is in the absence of full disclosure and it is my (non
esquire) opinion.

---
John Fraizer
EnterZone, Inc