multi-homing fixes

Howard C. Berkowitz hcb at clark.net
Sat Aug 25 14:02:17 UTC 2001

>>This would also indicate the
>>timeframe needed for deployment of software to support 4 byte AS numbers.
>>FYI, recently issued AS numbers have been in the 22XXX area.
>
>Much of this thread appears to be operating under the flawed assumption
>that the only ways to multihome[1] involve inserting prefixes of
>some size (under dispute) into the global[2] routing table.

Alex,

Total agreement, and that's why I have written a user requirements
draft and posted a suggestion of a focal point for information
yesterday.  If the only tool you have is a BGP hammer, everything
looks like a nail.

There are lots of other tools, but no one has ever, it seemed,
cataloged the toolbox, and written down a beginner's guide to their
applications.