multi-homing fixes

John Fraizer nanog at Overkill.EnterZone.Net
Fri Aug 24 03:49:54 UTC 2001

On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, Leo Bicknell wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 03:23:24PM -0700, Roeland Meyer wrote:
> > At $99US for 512MB of PC133 RAM (the point is, RAM is disgustingly cheap and
> > getting cheaper), more RAM in the routers is a quick answer. Router clusters
>
> You almost make some good arguments.  I pick up on this one for
> two reasons:
>
> 1) You clearly haven't priced Cisco RAM lately. :-)

Having the "Cisco" name on it and it working in Cisco equipment is a
different story.  Altough, we found out the hard way that RSP4 memory does
NOT work in an RSP8.  It'll boot on it but DON'T try to make it do
anything after-the-fact.

That said, you can get RAM for "cisco" products at many multiples less
than Cisco wants to charge for it.

---
John Fraizer
EnterZone, Inc