Natural class B address

Daniel Golding dgolding at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 17 21:49:28 UTC 2001

You are going to have a very difficult time getting anything like global
routability like this. /21s out of classical class B blocks are problematic.

Negotiate the return of the /16 to an RIR, but requesting several /20s from
current RIR issued space. You will be a good internet citizen and have
superior routability.

For classical class B space...

/16 - almost certainly routable (nothing is absolute...)
/17-/20 - Decent chance of routability
/21-/24 - Will be filtered by some, but not all.
/25-/32 - filtered by most

- Daniel Golding