wanted: wireless magic tricks

Adam McKenna adam-nanog at flounder.net
Thu Aug 16 16:47:13 UTC 2001

On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 11:01:54AM -0500, Cerqua, Toby wrote:

> hey all,
>
> we've got a client that wants some crazy stuff, and i need either
> suggestions or confirmation that this is impossible/too expensive.
>
> client needs 45Mbps pushed over 20 miles... and he wants it wireless. the
> kicker is that they don't want a T3 because it is "too expensive" and it
> would take too long to get installed. it doesn't need to be constant, but he
> wants to move of 2.5GB within 45 minutes. this is in the chicago area, if
> that helps any. so, i don't know, satellite?

Have he taken a look at RFC 1149?

BTW, since I haven't posted in a while, I might as well get the most out of
this one -- kudos to the networking wizards who posted yesterday that didn't
know the difference between 192.0.0.0/16 and 192.0.0.0/8.  I was especially
amused with the guy who thought it had something to do with RFC 1918.

--Adam