granitecanyon.com network unreachable?

Bob K melange at yip.org
Wed Aug 15 18:26:03 UTC 2001

On Wed, 15 Aug 2001, john heasley wrote:

> > The network that ns1.granitecanyon.com is on appears to be
> > down; traceroutes die at ge-1-2-0.a01.enwdco01.us.ra.verio.net
> > (129.250.26.147) .  Anyone know what's going on with that?
>
> then the problem is likely between verio.net and granitecanyon.com or
> within one of those two you clearly already have enough information to
> be following rfc 2142 instead of posting to nanog.

My apologies.  The reason I posted to NANOG is because granitecanyon.com
hosts The Public DNS Service, which handles a *lot* of nameservice for
"The Little People" due to said services being free and automated; thus, I
thought the answer would be of interest to many here.  I've consequently
emailed support at verio.net instead and will attempt to keep my posts
on-topic here in the future.

--
Bob <melange at yip.org> | Yes.  I know.  That is, indeed, *not* mayonnaise.