Worldcom outage

Adam Rothschild asr at latency.net
Thu Aug 9 17:20:23 UTC 2001

On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 12:51:41PM -0400, Jason Beltrame wrote:
> Has anyone heard of the worldcom problem in the Baltimore/Philly
> area?

Yes.  +1-800-MFS-CITY was able to confirm there's a significant outage
somewhere around BWI/PHL/IAD, but could not offer an estimated repair
time, information regarding the cause of this failure, or anything
else of interest.  I was told Worldcom also lost power in one of their
NYC metro area facilities last night, resulting in approximately 90
48's (carrying what, I do not know) down, but I believe that's since
been resolved and these two incidents are totally unrelated.

-adam