MPLS VPNs or not?

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Tue Aug 7 22:09:35 UTC 2001

> If it is so clear, how about engaging in a discussion and providing a
> rationale and reply to those who say it ain't so?  If you can provide
> solid arguments disproving the arguments of those who think it is
> scalable, I think it would be very easily put to rest.

are you running it on the same routers as your main backbone?  is it
simpler or (someday please, oh godded) less code?  tell your bean
counters how scalable it is.

and don't give me the bumph about provisioning costs.  any transit
and/or vpn vendor that is not completely auto-configured knows the
deepest, darkest, most horrid, and expensive truth about non-
scalability.

randy