MPLS VPNs or not?

Christian Kuhtz ck at arch.bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 7 15:00:34 UTC 2001

On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 03:34:05PM +0100, Randy Bush wrote:
> > A PE carries only the routes needed at a specific PE depending on the VPNs
> > present at a specific PE.
>
> and five years out, what percentage of my O(10-^6) vpn customers will have a
> branch in each of (chicago|nyc|sf|.*)?

Randy,

and how should I know? ;-).. I'm a) lacking a functional crystal ball (a magic
8 ball is my only ball shaped engineering tool) and b) they'll presumably be
still your customers and not mine! ;-)

Seriously, what point are you trying to make?  There are several ways to
interpret the statement.

Thanks,
Chris

--
Christian Kuhtz <ck at arch.bellsouth.net> -wk, <ck at gnu.org> -hm
Sr. Architect, Engineering & Architecture, BellSouth.net, Atlanta, GA, U.S.