trapdoor.merit.edu and other impatient Postfix mailers everywhere (fwd)

Derek Balling dredd at megacity.org
Fri Aug 3 23:00:57 UTC 2001

>I'll be happy to start listening to you again when you have something of
>worth to contribute.

I think Mitch's whole beef is that his server is listed in RSS:

Aug  3 08:47:57 minbar sm-mta[15972]: f73FluWn015972:
ruleset=check_rcpt, arg1=<
dredd at megacity.org>, relay=[205.159.140.2], reject=553 5.3.0
<dredd at megacity.org
>... Site 205.159.140.2 listed on MAPS RSS - http://www.mail-abuse.org/rss
Aug  3 08:47:57 minbar sm-mta[15972]: f73FluWn015972: from=<mitch at netside.net>,
size=1170, class=0, nrcpts=0, proto=ESMTP, daemon=MTA, relay=[205.159.140.2]

So now that we've seen what Mitch has said is bogus, and we can see
his motivation for spreading the FUD, let's kill this thread and move
on.

| dredd at megacity.org  | "Conan! What is best in life?"          |
|  Derek J. Balling   | "To crush your enemies, see them        |
|                     |    driven before you, and to hear the   |
|                     |    lamentation of their women!"         |