trapdoor.merit.edu and other impatient Postfix mailers everywhere (fwd)

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Fri Aug 3 05:09:02 UTC 2001

On Thu, 02 Aug 2001 20:23:46 EDT, Matt Martini <martini at invision.net>  said:
> The above is exactly the reason (well not the only reason), that we now use
> Qmail instead of sendmail.
>
> I never liked the idea of someone else, with an agenda that I'm sure
> doesn't coinside with mine, telling me who I should talk to or not. When
> the source code defaulted to using these "services" that's when I bailed on
> sendmail.

Hmm... so you went to all the trouble of converting to qmail instead of
actually finding out what was going on?  Yes, qmail is probably a better
choice if you can't be bothered to read the documentation enough to
understand that *if* you specify a 'dnsbl' feature *yourself*, but forget
to provide a DNS server name, it will suggest one for you.

But then, McDonald's has a sign "Ask about alternate toys for children
under 3".

				Valdis Kletnieks
				Operating Systems Analyst
				Virginia Tech