trapdoor.merit.edu and other impatient Postfix mailers everywhere (fwd)

Adam Rothschild asr at latency.net
Thu Aug 2 23:31:16 UTC 2001

On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 06:12:10PM -0500, John A. Tamplin wrote:
> As it happens, my personal mail server will still be free [...]

What about those of us using BGP for residential and recreational
purposes, who favor an eBGP multihop-based blackhole to something
DNS-based?

I realize BGP state is expensive, and the good people at MAPS are well
worthy of compensation for the excellent service they offer, but it's
kinda difficult to justify paying $1k/yr to rid our personal boxen of
spam and spam-related abuse.

-adam