trapdoor.merit.edu and other impatient Postfix mailers everywhere (fwd)

Steve Sobol sjsobol at NorthShoreTechnologies.net
Thu Aug 2 22:38:27 UTC 2001

Mitch Halmu wrote:

> "There will be a day when folks will need to pay to transit email."
> (Paul Vixie, 1998)
>
> That day has come.

> The inclusion of maps.vix.com references in the sendmail code has lead
> to predictable consequences. Let's hope this will serve as a warning to
> all sysadmins who can infere what's wrong with enterprises like MAPS
> from this incident.

Put away the tinfoil hat, Mitch.

--
JustThe.net LLC - Steve "Web Dude" Sobol, CTO - sjsobol at JustThe.net

Donate a portion of your monthly ISP bill to your favorite charity or
non-profit organization! E-mail me for details.