trapdoor.merit.edu and other impatient Postfix mailers everywhere (fwd)

Derek Balling dredd at megacity.org
Thu Aug 2 22:01:21 UTC 2001

At 2:53 PM -0700 8/2/01, Gary E. Miller wrote:
>  > ..., I would have figured they could afford to pay 5¢ per mailbox per
>>  year (and MAPS might have even worked out a better rate than that for
>>  the big guys).
>
>http://www.mail-abuse.org/feestructure.html
>
>Per year, for $1,000 users, cheapest option, standard pricing
>  RBL+  $1,250
>  DUL     $500
>  RSS     $700
>        $2,450
>
>or $2.40/per mailbox per year.  Sorry my budget does not go there...

RBL+ includes RBL,DUL, and RSS in a single lookup

Which means it'd be $1.25 per user, because paying twice for DUL and
RSS is mondo-silly.

| dredd at megacity.org  | "Conan! What is best in life?"          |
|  Derek J. Balling   | "To crush your enemies, see them        |
|                     |    driven before you, and to hear the   |
|                     |    lamentation of their women!"         |