Code Red growth stats

Larry Sheldon lsheldon at creighton.edu
Thu Aug 2 12:21:06 UTC 2001

Indeed. I've seen 1215 probes since the start of August, and a rough glance
shows something like 30% or more are dialups, cable modems and DSL lines.
Better than 50% appear to be addresses without INADDR.

Here too I think a sociologist might be useful (by the way I am not a
sociologist, I disagree with some sociology, but I have lunch with
one or more nearly every week).

What is likely to be the population characteristic most common among
xDSL connected folk?

I think it is small [home|business|shop] relatively unsophisticated,
poorly staffed and more likely to have all the bells and whistles on.

And maybe the most frequently occuring thing in the population.