Internet Pulse report was Re: A watched...

Avi Freedman freedman at freedman.net
Thu Aug 2 03:48:27 UTC 2001

In article <10171.175034.25348 at avi.netaxs.com> you wrote:

: Ironically after I sent the last NANOG message I checked the
: http://internetpulse.com site again, and QWEST have improved
: their performance, so the Internet is apparently "healthier" now
: than it was when Code Red started this morning.

I'm not sure I'd put a lot of faith in internetpulse.com measurements...

Better than matrix.net (who exists to make keynote look good), but
not by very much.

For example, "sprint to sprint" is now showing red, and digging in,
it's "phoenix" to "phoenix" is 195ms.  From one keynote machine
in a rack to another?  Riiiiiight.

Avi