Custom Wireless Solution

Lincoln Dale ltd at interlink.com.au
Mon Apr 23 01:55:44 UTC 2001

last time i looked, cisco didn't sell 802.11 wireless cards for $4K each . . .

2 x 802.11 cards + antenna should be able to do it.  take good care in
getting an appropriate antenna with suitable gain.
the cisco website has a spreadsheet that allows you to calculate the
required gain.

if you don't want 2 x PC's with 802.11 cards in it, then 2 x wireless
access-points or 2 x wireless bridges would work.
still nowhere near $8K . . .

cheers,

lincoln.
NB. line-of-sight is required.