Qwest (fwd)

Andy Dills andy at xecu.net
Sat Apr 14 19:31:11 UTC 2001

On Fri, 13 Apr 2001, Steven J. Sobol wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Apr 2001, Shawn McMahon wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 03:16:16PM -0500, Nate Carlson wrote:
> > >
> > > One of the guys here just got a call from Qwest asking the exact same
> > > thing. (Phone-spam this time, instead..).
> >
> > Am I the only person here who doesn't think it's very intrusive of someone
> > to send an email asking "who is your network provider?"
>
> If it was sent FROM one person TO one person, it fails one of the primary
> tests of whether an e-mail is spam. (bulk)
>
> If it was mass-mailed to a bunch of people who didn't ask for it, it is
> spam... if it was mailed to one person, it isn't spam even if that one
> person never requested it in the first place.

Numerous noc addresses across the net have received it. Maybe not all at
once, as part of one large mailing, but it is most definitely a sustained
effort.

Andy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Andy Dills                              301-682-9972
Xecunet, LLC                            www.xecu.net
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dialup * Webhosting * E-Commerce * High-Speed Access