Channelized STM-1

Jesper Skriver jesper at skriver.dk
Sat Apr 14 16:35:18 UTC 2001

On Sat, Apr 14, 2001 at 10:41:29AM +0200, Arnold Nipper wrote:
> Jesper,
>
> thanks for spotting at this. So ...
>
> On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 02:36:28AM +0200, Jesper Skriver wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 09:43:29PM +0200, Arnold Nipper wrote:
> > >
> > > Two questions concerning channelized STM-1:
> >
> > Which significant depend on what you want to do, explain in more detail,
> > or you won't get a good answer.
> >

> ... here is what I plan to do:
>
> I want to install at our premises an STM-1 line and connect this to an
> channelized STM-1 interface. Via the channels (E3, E1, nxE1) I would like to
> connect customers.
>
> Questions are: Do I have to order a "special" E3 (or E1) if I connect this
> customer to the channelized STM-1? Or is this fully transparent? (which I
> would expect to be).

It's fully transparent, the SDH provider will 'do the magic'

> Second Q: which type of gear do you recommend/have experience with?

To my knowledge, no channelized STM-1 interface exist which support E3
and E1 at the same time, PA-MC-STM1 from Cisco only support E1 (and
channelized E1).

/Jesper

Work:    Network manager   @ AS3292 (Tele Danmark DataNetworks)
Private: FreeBSD committer @ AS2109 (A much smaller network ;-)