Qwest (fwd)

Steven J. Sobol sjsobol at NorthShoreTechnologies.net
Sat Apr 14 03:51:01 UTC 2001

On Fri, 13 Apr 2001, Shawn McMahon wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 03:16:16PM -0500, Nate Carlson wrote:
> >
> > One of the guys here just got a call from Qwest asking the exact same
> > thing. (Phone-spam this time, instead..).
>
> Am I the only person here who doesn't think it's very intrusive of someone
> to send an email asking "who is your network provider?"

If it was sent FROM one person TO one person, it fails one of the primary
tests of whether an e-mail is spam. (bulk)

If it was mass-mailed to a bunch of people who didn't ask for it, it is
spam... if it was mailed to one person, it isn't spam even if that one
person never requested it in the first place.

--
Steven J. Sobol/CTO/JustThe.net LLC | sjsobol at NorthShoreTechnologies.net
SAY IT LOUD: I'M GEEK AND I'M PROUD! | 888.480.4NET (4638) 216.619.2NET (2638)