gigabit router (was Re: Getting a "portable" /19 or /20)

alex at yuriev.com alex at yuriev.com
Wed Apr 11 20:40:33 UTC 2001

> Vendors have known how to solve this problem for many years.
> Failure to do so is a poor implementation and has nothing to do
> with centralized forwarding being better/worse than distributed
> forwarding.

Yet another person who does not understand the KISS principle. I am
sure in theory it all works great, though I am seeing way too many comments
similiar to:

"The connectivity issues have been resolved.  This appears to be the same
CEF related issues we experienced Monday evening, and we have a case open
with Cisco.  As we get more information from Cisco, we will be passing it
along."

Alex