gigabit router (was Re: Getting a "portable" /19 or /20)

Craig Partridge craig at aland.bbn.com
Wed Apr 11 12:08:55 UTC 2001

In message <20010411021318.74E5BC790B at cesium.clock.org>, Sean M. Doran writes:

>Craig, for those of us with flaky memories, or who have just never
>run into DARPA stuff, do you have a pointer (e.g. URL) to your work in this ar
 >ea?

Hi Sean:

Not all of it, alas, has been published (some of the work is for corporate
clients).  However, on my web page (www.ir.bbn.com/~craig) is a pointer
to our paper on a 50 Gbps router, which was one of the earliest multigigabit
routers built. Other activities in this vein but not published include an
ATM switch implemented on a PC (c. 1992), and much more recent work on route
lookups, and various alterations to the packet forwarding path (e.g. for
efficiency and packet tracing).

Craig