APNIC IP-request procedures

Arnd Vehling av at nethead.de
Wed Apr 11 10:41:30 UTC 2001

Hi,

Leigh Porter wrote:
> > has anybody experience requesting a routable block from
> > APNIC?
> >
> > Ive a a customer on the philippines and would like to know
> > if the apnic staff can be as picky as RIPE and ARIN when
> > it comes to obtaining a routable ip-block.
>
> Why, are they afraid that they will find out that they do not need it and
> refuse the application?

No way. I just wanted to know if the workload to be expected is the same
as with ARIN and RIPE because i am doing this on a freelancer basis
for ISP companies.

Judging from the replies ive got so far now APNIC is as picky as RIPE
and ARIN.

It can be tough to get an routable assignment alltough the company
really needs it, you know. And at least the RIPE became more and
more picky within the last years. Like they allways want an deployment
plan now which was only asked for on special occasion like 2-3 years
ago.

thanx for all that answered so far.

regards,

   Arnd
--
NetHead                                 Network Design and Security
Arnd Vehling                            av at nethead.De