MultiBind Testers Wanted

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Wed Apr 11 02:10:32 UTC 2001

Once upon a time, Paul A Vixie <vixie at mfnx.net> said:
> However, the product name is protected.  "MultiBind" may be an infringement
> of ISC's rights to the BIND product name.  In any case, this derivative of
> ISC's work is not sanctioned or approved by ISC in any way, and in fact
> ISC's long-held position is that any proposal involving "multiple root
> networks" is nothing short of domain piracy and also violates the DNS
> protocol.

Would you care to elaborate on the "protection" the ISC has on the
"product name" (I assume you mean "BIND")?

I just looked at my 8.2.2 and 8.2.3 sources and I don't see anything
beyond the license.  I also don't see any mention of such protection on
the ISC web site (without digging into it anyway).  I can't even find
the license on the web site.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>