Getting a "portable" /19 or /20

Roeland Meyer rmeyer at mhsc.com
Tue Apr 10 22:21:13 UTC 2001

IMHO, you are being short-sighted. Linux doesn't just run on PC boxen. That
was my point earlier about the S/390. You assume too much. BTW, let's see
you do the same thing with Sun gear, even Netras. How about hot-swapping a
blade in a Cisco Catalyst 6509(not sure, here. I usually shut 'em down to do
that.)? BTW, if you can find the hot-swap gear you want to run then I can
probably get Linux to run on it (it just takes a while). Linux runs
everywhere from Pal Pilots to S/390s (has any one seen it on a Sun e10K
yet?)

In this day and age, such absolute statements are a little hazardous. Their
shelf-life, even if true, is measured in micro-secs.

--
The only absolute is that there are no absolutes.