Router Servers in a lab

Martin Hannigan hannigan at fugawi.net
Tue Apr 10 13:14:15 UTC 2001

?? I guess you could fire up a gated machine and have it announce a routing
table to your lab. Will take some parsing of a route table dump, but doable.

-M

At 08:27 AM 4/10/2001 -0400, Perry Jannette wrote:
>I am interested in generating several thousand BGP routes from different
>AS's to simulate Internet routes in a lab environment.  I would like to
>generate these routes from a downloaded copy of real route tables and save
>them to a file.  Then have something, possibly a route server, import this
>file and inject these routes into my lab network.  Any
>ideas/suggestions?  Is this possible without having a live BGP feed into
>my lab network?
>
>Thanks
>Perry

Regards,

Martin Hannigan                    hannigan at fugawi.net
Fugawi Networks                    Founder/Director of Implementation
Boston, MA                         http://www.fugawi.net
Ph: 617.742.2693                   Fax: 617.742.2300