Getting a "portable" /19 or /20

mike harrison meuon at highertech.net
Mon Apr 9 22:31:38 UTC 2001

> > I've even considered it, especially when one of my local
> > competitors has a /18, and they are much smaller than we are.
>
> Isn't it wonderful how being a good netizen allows your less-picky
> competitors to get a leg-up on you? Say what<!?!>, they're smaller than you
> and have an /18? How did that happen?

The owner is creative, litigious, and of a different mindset. I've been
'online' since the mid-80's (I'm OLD ok?) and think a little differently.

> However, it kinda makes you wish that you hadn't NAT'd doesn't it? Then,
> you'd have less of a problem qualifying for the /19.

My whole life, I've been mildly penalized for doing the right thing.
I sleep well and am still the principal of a business I have owned
since 1989 with mostly happy customers. Can you ask for more?

I've been impressed by the responses.. wish I had made Nanog21 in Atlanta,
maybe I can make Arizona and meet ya'll. --Mike--