Faster 'Net growth rate raises fears about routers

Sean M. Doran smd at clock.org
Wed Apr 4 00:42:09 UTC 2001

rja asks:

| smd, are you able to get diverse local paths over there ?
                                   ^^^^^

Ironically, Jesper Skriver (on your To: line) is as close to my
"here" as just about anyone else on the list, and is working for
a rather large provider of local loops, so I wouldn't discount
his answer just because he's not me.  :-)

I would comment further, but I lack sufficient bandwidth in
the absence of my slightly delayed DSL to be able to type it out...

	Sean.

P.S.: Isn't it cool that none of us is using an address which in any
      way informs a person who didn't already know, who it is that we
      work for?

P.P.S.: More useful answer: yes, in some places in Europe, but not everywhere.
        Where possible, pricing and amount of work necessary are non-uniform.